Problem viewing index.page for Ten Minute Tour

Ekaterina Gerasimova <kittykat3756 at gmail.com>
Thu Jul 25 04:15:46 EDT 2013

On 25 July 2013 03:48, John Kim <johnkim.ubuntu at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hello Mallard users,
>
> My name is John Kim, and I'm a contributor to the Ubuntu Documentation
> project.  Mallard is one tool I'm committed to learning because the Ubuntu
> help guide uses Mallard for formatting.
>
> To get started, I tried out the projectmallard.org's Ten Minute Tour, and
> I was getting the feel for it until I stumbled on the section "View Your
> Document."   So I saved my index.page example as
> ~/mallard_book/Ten_Minute_Tour/index.page.  But when I ran *yelp **
> ~/mallard_book/Ten_Minute_Tour/index.page* on the command line, I got the
> 'Page Not Found' error.
>
> Page Not Found
>
> The page ‘/index.page’ was not found in the document ‘
> file:///home/john/mallard_book/Ten_Minute_Tour’.
>
> I did do a rename of the file to just 'index' for the command *yelp **
> ~/mallard_book/Ten_Minute_Tour/index*, and though yelp would run, it
> doesn't show the header 'Beanstalk Help'
>
> What could have I done wrong here, and how can I make yelp recognize my
> index.page file?

I just tried the index.page from the tour (copy/pasting it into a file) and
it works for me. Did you edit the example at all and did you check that you
did close all the tags? The error that you see is also shown if the XML is
broken. You can use yelp-check from yelp-tools to validate the page.