Numbered lists with per-item titles

Alan Near <liar at sendrecv.net>
Mon Feb 20 12:33:28 EST 2012

On Mon, 2012-02-20 at 11:20 -0500, Shaun McCance wrote:
> We've talked about a formal paragraph in the past. I've never been
> totally opposed, but nobody's ever been so strongly in favor for me
> to care.

Recently, I've confronted with opposite issue: lack of <informal>
paragraph. I'm writing a documentation for programs and all of documents
are in formal language; however, sometimes I need to explain details as
a history of a program development or as a long way to come to decision.

I guess, a choose of paragraph type should be very careful. In my
opinion, documentation should be written in formal language with minor
exceptions. But as I know, Mallard-style was developed not only for
technical documentation.