Another problem

John Coppens <john at jcoppens.com>
Fri Nov 26 11:43:55 EST 2010

On Fri, 26 Nov 2010 11:03:07 -0500
Shaun McCance <shaunm at gnome.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 2010-11-26 at 12:47 -0300, John Coppens wrote:
> > Hello guys...
> >
> > Another problem popped up. In many pages 'quick links' are available
> > near the top, to the several parts of that page - this is quite helpful.
> >
> > I haven't found out how to implement those - is it possible to do this
> > with the xref links? (i.e. automatically inserting them into the
> > quicklink table) Any example somewhere?
>
> Do you mean links to the sections within a page, like on this page?
>
> http://openhelpconference.com/location.html

Hi Shaun.

Not exactly. At least the links on that page are to other documents.
But, as I understand it, the proposed element would solve 'my' problem
too. I am working on translating and editing the Anjuta manual to
Mallard, I encountered this frequently. Eg.:

http://library.gnome.org/devel/anjuta-manual/stable/groups-and-targets.html.en

> This can be accomplished using the proposed links element:
>
> http://projectmallard.org/pipermail/mallard-list_projectmallard.org/2010-August/000025.html
> This will almost certainly make its way into the spec before 1.0, so
> the requirement to use the experimental namespace will go away. The
> links element for topic and section links work well with everything
> I've thrown at them. I still need to work on the links element for
> some other types of links. I'd appreciate feedback so we can catch
> problems early.

I'll try to recompile yelp later today. But I guess that, to generare
HTML, I would be needing changes to gnome-doc-tool too, won't I?

Cheers,
John