Shaun McCance <shaunm at gnome.org>
Tue Aug 3 13:19:18 EDT 2010

Hi Jendrik,

On Mon, 2010-07-19 at 10:09 +0200, Jendrik Seipp wrote:
> Hi,
> do you have any plans to include a search mechanism in index.xhtml? I
> know that yelp has a built-in search, but this does not cover the case
> when you have just converted all page files to xhtml and display them in
> a browser. It would be great if you added such an option to let the user
> search in a manual like the quick search at [1].

This would require a build tool that can create indexes
and some sort of CGI script to spit out results. It's a
good project, but not something I can put into yelp-xsl.
The stylesheets in yelp-xsl are the basics of what you
need, and I encourage people to build on them.

I'm sort of hoping that other people will take charge
in creating extra tools like this.

--
Shaun