Mallard for developers

Shaun McCance <shaunm at gnome.org>
Tue Aug 3 13:15:38 EDT 2010

Hi Elliot,

On Sat, 2010-07-24 at 15:52 -0400, Elliott Sales de Andrade wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was trying to see if I could get some information that I would call
> "Mallard for developers". The ProjectMallard site is what I would call
> "Mallard for writers", and the draft spec is "Mallard for Mallard
> developers". But what I'd like is information for developers of other
> projects.
>
> By "Mallard for developers", I'd like to be able to get the answers to
> questions like the following:
> If I wanted to integrate Mallard into a project's build system
> (autotools, CMake, etc.), what would I do?
> What's the recommended install location/structure?
> Where should I point my application's "Help" button?
> What do I do if I want to target Windows/Mac also?
> How do I accommodate translations?
> etc.

These sorts of things depend on the tools you're using
with Mallard. I think we can aggregate some information
for known Mallard tools. We just have to think of a good
way to present that information.

I originally had a page for tools on projectmallard.org,
but it didn't have any real content on it, so I removed
it until it does.

Would anybody like to work on this?

--
Shaun