A question (or three) about linking content between packages

jerrycasiano at gmail.com <jerrycasiano at gmail.com>
Mon May 13 20:42:29 EDT 2019

Not sure what you mean by lose the /usr guide entirely?
Hitting the back button in Yelp should take you back to wherever you
were before, at least it does here.You can also simply provide a link
back within the page itself.
But honestly, I don't think that's going to work for you anyway.
If I understand correctly you would want to just be able to drop new
help files in and have them automatically show up.Ideally, all these
random help files from different places in the filesystem would then
get merged onto one page.
Am I right?
For that I think you're going to have to separate this into System and
User.
Then have a default index.page for each and some kind of standard
template for pages added.
You could have a separate "landing" page which describes each and links
to them  - then those could simply link back to that page.
Yes, this means random packages will be dropping package.page into a
shared directory and could get messy...
But as long as your template makes clear what is allowed and what isn't
it should be fine.
The alternative is some kind of service which scans and rewrites,
nevermind that sounds like a terrible idea already.
HTH