Empty block elements in Ducktype

Shaun McCance <shaunm at gnome.org>
Sat Jan 3 00:18:03 EST 2015

On Thu, 2015-01-01 at 16:15 -0500, Shaun McCance wrote:
> 6) Decide that lists and tables are special, and that they're the only
> things you can keep open with blank lines. They're already special with
> rules C, D, and E.

I had a go at implementing this. Super-easy, implementation-wise. It
does mean that this no longer puts a paragraph in a note:

  [note]
  . The Note Title

  The note body? Nope.

But this still does, which I think is more natural anyway:

  [note]
  . The Note Title
  The note body? Yessir.

The only thing in my regression tests that failed was this:

  [terms]

  [item]
  [title]
  Term 3

  Definition 3

Would you really write that and expect it to work? I don't know. Maybe
you'd write this though, which also fails:

  [terms]
  [item]
  . Term 3

  Definition 3

Maybe. The only place I think I really feel like I ought to be able to
add copious newlines without indentation is in lists and tables. This
parser change is so far feeling very comfortable to me.

--
Shaun