Writing documentation for software

אנטולי קרסנר <tombackton at gmail.com>
Thu May 23 08:02:57 EDT 2013

Hello Tobias and Mallard-list,

Thanks for your response. I use Gedit for nearly all my text-related
tasks, including writing C++ source code. But I want to move to an IDE.
Same thing with XMl and Mallard. I'm used to editing XML and HTML in
Gedit, but I'd like to know if there's any better tool for the job.

Random ideas:
- An XML editor such as Conglomerate or XMLCopyEditor
- An IDE which adds closing tags automatically
- A WYSIWYM document processor able to export to XML/Docbook, such as
LyX maybe
- Convenient Mallard/XML editing mode in Emacs

Does anyone use any such tool? If not, maybe I'll write a tool myself, I
don't see a reason why a tool like Lyx, or even a simple document
processor like Abiword, can't be used to export Mallard docs. And a
special too for Mallard can be even better :)

Anatoly