Missing HTML DOCTYPE in pages generated by mallard-site-tool

Shaun McCance <shaunm at gnome.org>
Tue May 7 07:21:08 EDT 2013

On Mon, 2013-04-22 at 14:02 +0200, Tobias Rapp wrote:
> Hello Shaun,
> Hello Mallard List,
>
> thanks to your help with mallard-site-tool and external namespaces my
> little homepage is online now [1]. When checking the rendered output on
> different machines I noticed that the pages are rendered in quirks mode at
> least in Firefox 20 and Internet Explorer 7/8/9 (see [2]). This causes
> issues especially with the Canvas element that is included on one of the
> pages.
>
> The problem seems to be due to a missing DOCTYPE statement in the
> generated HTML output files. I will now add a DOCTYPE for "HTML 4.01
> Strict" manually using a shell script but wanted to know if there is a reason
> that DOCTYPE is missing in mallard-site-tool/yelp-build or if this is just
> some omission.

Thanks Tobias. I've been meaning to add a DOCTYPE in yelp-xsl, which
would be picked up by yelp-build and mallard-site-tool. I just didn't
get much of anything done on 3.8. It's on my TODO list for the next
release.

--
Shaun