Mallard Enhancement Proposals

Shaun McCance <shaunm at gnome.org>
Sat Aug 17 20:55:52 EDT 2013

Hi folks,

I've been trying to think of ways to get more people involved in
proposing and discussing Mallard features, as well as a way to get my
half-cooked ideas out to the public.

I frequently get things wrong the first time around (link weights, the
first iteration of conditionals). And that's why I've taken to playing
with new stuff in experimental namespaces, so I can change it completely
if it's awful. The problem is there's not much transparency, and you
basically have to chat with me on IRC to know about those things.

So I'd like to propose an enhancement proposal process, modeled on the
PEP process used by Python and copied by dozens of other projects. I've
written up my proposal as a proposal, which I've attached as both a page
file and an HTML file.

Please give feedback.

Thanks,
Shaun