Missing HTML DOCTYPE in pages generated by mallard-site-tool

Tobias Rapp <yahuxo at gmx.de>
Mon Apr 22 08:02:23 EDT 2013

Hello Shaun,
Hello Mallard List,

thanks to your help with mallard-site-tool and external namespaces my
little homepage is online now [1]. When checking the rendered output on
different machines I noticed that the pages are rendered in quirks mode at
least in Firefox 20 and Internet Explorer 7/8/9 (see [2]). This causes
issues especially with the Canvas element that is included on one of the
pages.

The problem seems to be due to a missing DOCTYPE statement in the
generated HTML output files. I will now add a DOCTYPE for "HTML 4.01
Strict" manually using a shell script but wanted to know if there is a reason
that DOCTYPE is missing in mallard-site-tool/yelp-build or if this is just
some omission.

Regards,
Tobias

Links: