Editor mode in Mallard?

Shaun McCance <shaunm at gnome.org>
Wed Mar 7 10:01:08 EST 2012

On Sun, 2012-02-26 at 20:42 +0100, Philip Chimento wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 15:10, Shaun McCance <shaunm at gnome.org> wrote:
> > As of yelp-xsl 3.3.2, there's a guide page (stubs.page)
> > that lists all the stub templates. These are templates that have
> > no default implementation, and are intended for customizations to
> > add stuff in.
>
> That was a huge help, thanks! There's one thing that I'm not able to
> manage, though: I'd like to show some indication on pages that have
> <revision status="incomplete"/> or whatever in their <info> element.
> According to the docs, there's a parameter mal2html.editor_mode that I
> should set. I have the line in my custom XSLT:
>
> <param name="mal2html.editor_mode" select="true()"/>
>
> But this doesn't seem to do anything. Neither does editing
> mal2html-page.xsl directly and changing false() to true(). But if I
> look in the code, there should be something output in
> mal2html.editor.banner, which is called from html.body.mode.

Do you have any revision elements with a status attribute in your
info element? Editor mode is mostly about showing you page status.
It's conceivable it might get other capabilities at some point,
but right now, without a revision status, mal2html.editor.banner
doesn't output anything.

(Arguably it ought to output some sort of "no revision status"
banner. But it doesn't.)

--
Shaun