Support for editing mallard files...

Shaun McCance <shaunm at gnome.org>
Fri Jan 6 10:36:44 EST 2012

On Thu, 2012-01-05 at 21:44 -0500, The Geeko wrote:
> Is there a tool available which properly handles Mallard documents?
>
> I normally use Geany, Emacs and Vim... (depending on my mood and the
> task at hand), but none of these identify Mallard files; therefore,
> there is no coloring and other assistance.

I use nxml-mode in emacs, which does syntax highlighting for any
XML file, as well as some other niceties (e.g. C-c C-f closes the
current tag). nxml-mode can validate on the fly using RNG schemas.

Jim wrote a tutorial on setting this up here:

http://j1m.net/2010/08/29/duck-duck-gnu-mallard-and-docbook-5-support-in-emacs/

The RNC file you want is here:

http://projectmallard.org/1.0/mallard-1.0.rnc

--