Merging glossary entry titles

Phil Bull <philbull at gmail.com>
Sat Jul 16 10:50:41 EDT 2011

Hi Shaun,

On Sun, 2011-07-10 at 21:57 -0400, Shaun McCance wrote:
[...]
> I think "normalize space, compare string values, drop dups,
> which dup is dropped is undefined" is the sanest thing to do,
> but it has some oddities, so I'd like opinions.

I think this is the most reasonable approach. You're right, there are
some quirks, but they should be picked up quite easily when the author
reviews their document. As long as this behaviour is well-documented, it
should be fine. I guess, for extra visibility, you could recommend (but
not require) that the processing tool throws a warning when it drops
duplicates?

Thanks,

Phil