Any way to see Editorial comments?

Shaun McCance <shaunm at gnome.org>
Tue Jan 18 09:36:19 EST 2011

On Tue, 2011-01-18 at 09:18 -0500, Luis Felipe López Acevedo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have to pass my documents to other people that is not supposed to
> edit the mallard documents but for whom comments are relevant. Is
> there any option in Yelp to see them? We are using Yelp 2.30.0.

I'm afraid there's no easy way to do it in Yelp 2. With Yelp 3
(still in development), you can pass the --editor-mode option.

The stylesheet features are there in Yelp 2; there's just no
easy way to enable them. If you don't mind mucking about with
installed files, you can turn on editor mode for all Mallard
documents. Open the file /usr/share/yelp/xslt/mal2html.xsl in
a text editor as root or with sudo. Find the part near the top
with the <xsl:param> elements and add this:

<xsl:param name="mal2html.editor_mode" select="true()"/>

Save. Restart Yelp.

Alternatively, you can make each comment always visible by
adding the following processing instruction as the first
child of each comment:

<?mal2html.show_comment?>

(This is not a documented feature. It's basically there so
that I can make the example comments on projectmallard.org
always visible. But it's not likely to go away.)

I realize both approaches are a pain. With the first, you have
to make other people edit files they probably shouldn't. With
the second, you have to write a bunch of PIs and make sure to
remove them before shipping a final version. But there's not
much I can do about Yelp 2.30's shortcomings now.

--
Shaun