Yelp version for Mallard

Jim Campbell <jwcampbell at gmail.com>
Sat Dec 18 18:02:04 EST 2010

Hi All,

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 3:21 PM, John Coppens <john at jcoppens.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 14:32:01 -0500
> Luis Felipe Lopez Acevedo <sirgazil at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'd like to know what version of Yelp supports Mallard. I'm using version
> > 2.30.0 on Trisquel GNU/Linux 4 but it doesn't read the documents.
>
> I have a self-compiled version 2.30.1, and it does support Mallard.
> Note that I believe you have to specify the absolute (complete) path to
> the document to be shown correctly.
>
> John

If I recall correctly, yelp version 2.28 and later supports Mallard
documents.

What problems are you experiencing?  The one that I see most often with
people who are new to mallard is that they attempt to launch the help by
entering a command like this:

yelp gnome-help/index.page

Entering the command as:  yelp gnome-help/
will correctly launch the help files.

If you can supply a bit more info, though, I'm sure someone will be able to
help you.

Jim